Today in the midst of purging I found a treasure. Well at least to me. Once upon a time before I met the fiance, before I became a mom I was a university student. I house-sat one winter for a family friend while they trekked off to Australia to visit their daughter. While there I noticed the lady of the house had some fabulous quotes tacked up all over. A few of them struck a chord at that time so I copied them into a book. And now...umpteen years later I found that book. Amazingly enough they still kind of applied. So while my little beauty sleeps beside me on the couch I will impart some wisdom.

Work Smarter, Not Harder
Eliminate Distractions;
Focus Only on Those Things
That Will Help You Achieve
Your Goals, Dreams and Ambitions
~Unknown
All I really need to know, I learned in kindergarten.
~Robert Fulghum
Always trust your fellow man. And always cut the cards.
Always trust God. And always build your house on high ground.
Always love thy neighbor. And always pick a good neighborhood to live in.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but you better bet that way.
Place your bet somewhere between turning-the-other-cheek and enough-is-enough-already.
About winning: It isn't important. What really counts is how you play the game.
About losing: It isn't important. What really counts is how you play the game.
About playing the game: Play to win!
~Unknown
Storytellers Creed
I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge.
That myth is more potent than history.
That dreams are more powerful than facts.
That hope always triumphs over experience.
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death.
~Robert Fulghum
No comments:
Post a Comment