Saturday, February 25, 2012

Still here

We're all still here.

I have started and stopped a lot of entries over the last month. They were all far too emotionally charged and went down a darker path than I want to take with this blog. I find it very easy to get bogged down with some of the cruddy stuff that we've gone through in the last almost 2 years. I lose my focus on the day and dissolve. I lose perspective on how far we've come and focus on how far we have to go. I lose faith in that we escaped some of the more difficult things that can come with little M's syndrome. I am trying every day to wake up with an attitude that is conducive to teaching and learning. I am trying to find new ways of teaching M things but grind to a halt when she refuses to cooperate or participate.

We've been going to an art class every week for her and while she enjoys it the art participation isn't there, I do the projects with her sitting beside me as she doesn't "get" how to glue little sequins onto paper or how to *only* paint inside the lines although she LOVES painting using a brush on an easel(much less enthusiastic if the painting requires getting gooey hands....). She is starting to babble more which helps me see that all hope is not lost, although the babble still isn't anywhere near words. I need to keep her in something that makes her interact with other kids at least once a week, plus it gives me some adult interaction as the parents are still required to participate/attend for the classes at M's age range.

No comments: