I'm sorry my few followers. I'm a bad bad updater....I am trying to be better.
We're floundering our way through life lately. M is fine, its not health related our floundering...its just....life.
First an update on our darling M. She's still little. She fits 9 mo pants (around her waist...12 mo in length...) and she's almost 19 mo. We have stopped being crazy about her weight..she'll grow when and how she decides to and there is nothing we can do about it. The nice thing about her being so little still is that a) her clothes fit her longer and b) she's still small and light enough to cuddle and bounce when she's cranky without my arms feeling like they are going to fall off. We had her assessed regarding her being non-verbal. Her hearing is fine and our infant development worker said she was fine but gave us some things to work on with her.
We did her first(well ok...2nd but last year's was a bust due to her first surgery so we literally ignored that it was happening) Halloween. She got the concept of trick or treating by the end of the night and was running up to the door with her little pumpkin bucket. I can't wait until next year. We have so many plans and I think she'll really enjoy it next year.
The fiancé is still essentially unemployed. He does some side work for a family friend and his dad and he are trying to get their old company up and running but aren't getting the jobs they need to be getting. I guess its all part of the process but its very hard to deal with. I am still unemployed and am apparently un-employable. Every job I've applied for I haven't gotten. I'm either (I assume) overqualified and the employer is not willing to risk hiring me as they figure I'm looking for something short term, or I'm under-qualified for a job in an industry where I have over 5 yrs experience doing the same job. I am hoping that something will come along soon that I'll be able to start contributing towards the household.
We came through M's one year anniversary of her first surgery(not her open heart surgery). We just ignored the day and just went about it as normal. It's one of those days that you think "YES we made it" but then you think about the "what-ifs" and thats not a place I like to go down so I choose to concentrate on life as it is now. I know the anniversary of her OHS will be hard but thats not for awhile so I can deal.
Our wedding plans have been thrown out the window and all planning called off. We've done a lot of soul searching and both know that a big wedding is not what we really want; we just want our day to be about us and nobody else. We're still struggling to see an exact vision of what that will be but know that we have some time to figure that out.
Anyway...theres an update on life from my little world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment