I am getting excited for the holidays. Halloween passed us by very quietly. We didn't dress M up or even get her a special outfit.
My friend C and I are going to do a craft session to do a new(to us, thanks Martha Stewart!) version of a advent calendar for our kids. I'm super excited and am very much looking forward to seeing the completed project. I know M is too young to understand what is going on but I hope she'll enjoy the decorations and somehow absorb some of the fantastic energy that happens at this time of the year.
For those that know me well, know that for years I was very anti-Christmas. I think this was based on me working in the retail world and having to deal with Christmas since pretty much Nov 1 onwards. Now I realize I can avoid the twitches that come from two straight months of Christmas music and seeing trees etc up if I avoid the malls and especially Costco as we all know they are nuts and put Christmas stuff up before Halloween.
The fiancé and I are going to try, for the first time in 6 years, to get a "real" aka live Christmas tree. It'll have to be the "runt" as we have a very small living room but we're excited to make this Christmas as special as we can. There are a few traditions from my childhood I want to continue for M's and the fiancé and I will continue our tradition of one new decoration every year, the past few years they have been Disney orientated and I'm sure we'll continue on that path for some time. Disney is GREAT!
Yesterday we did a photo shoot with a local photographer. They turned out beautifully. I've only received the sneak peeks so far and am eagerly awaiting the DVD with all the pictures within the next few weeks.
Here is a preview

No comments:
Post a Comment