Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wow...It's been awhile.

Wow...I kinda dropped the ball and forgot about this blog. It's been awhile. Lots of things have happened. Our house flooded and we survived living with the fiance's family for a month or so while we got our house back together. M had her second birthday (sniff). I got a job. Yup...now employed..its kind of crazy and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. I'm so thankful that one of my Sisters-in-law has offered to watch M while she's out of school for the summer. Not sure yet what will happen in the fall but we'll see how the summer goes for working. I have started riding my bike(pedal) to work (about 4K ea way) as I'm woefully out of shape and a little overweight. We got a yearly pass from M's cardiologist so instead of every 6 months having to go in its now once a year. This is the best news a parent of a heart patient can get. I got a phone call from the genetic dept of our local hospital wanting to us go come back in for a followup appt but after last years experience I explained to the very nice person who called that I had a personal issue with the geneticist that we were assigned and refused to see her and if I decided that we wanted a follow up with a different geneticist we would call them. We are on once a month appointments for the summer with our Infant Development Therapist. So far she doesn't see a reason to refer M to official Speech Therapy which is nice as that means that she is progressing. We're just toddling through life and figuring things out as we go. Nothing is set in stone and we're sort of enjoying the flow of our life now.

No comments: