Monday, February 28, 2011

A whole world of new

So as you can see there is a new look, a new name and what will be a new outlook for me. The fiance is gone to a whole new world for work. He is living and working in Dubai, UAE for the next six months. I am staying home in Canada with little M. So while he is toiling away a million miles from home and more layovers and plane changes than anyone cares to take I am here.

Yes its hard, but we've been through him working away before.

Yes he'll miss special moments of M's, but video cameras and skype allow him to still see them.

I have NO idea how military wives do it.

I know he's safe (relatively with all the insanity in Libya and Egypt but UAE is backing the rest of the world). I am so happy in a way that this opportunity came at this time in M's life. Yes the fiance will miss a ton but M doesn't really understand that he's gone and won't be back until the end of the summer. She has no concept of time or distance.

I am going to attempt, and truly make an effort, for the first time in my ENTIRE life to lose some weight. For a long time, I could eat anything I wanted whenever I wanted and I'd stay about the same weight. The numbers on the scale...well they're the same as they were before I got pregnant but my shape is not anywhere near what it was. I can fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes(well the ones I could fit that year....) so I'm pretty lucky but I'd prefer for them to be too big.

Little M just learned to properly crawl this week as she was "army" crawling before. She's been cruising the furniture for awhile and much prefers to be standing doing laps around our living room than crawling, that is until she sees the open gate to the rest of the house.

Thats about it for us.....





No comments: