Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's over......

Well Christmas this year was both better and worse than I thought it would be. The family spoiled little M more than she understood and were very generous to the fiancé and I. We spent Christmas Eve with the finance's dad's side of the family and managed to get a quick video chat in with the family who are in Dubai. My brother and his fiancée did come to Christmas dinner on the 25th which was very nice and M didn't scream (too much) when I plunked her down on J's (the brother's fiancée) lap which was a nice change from the ordinary crying fit(see C...it's not just you!). The fiancé and I went and braved the alleged mall madness on Boxing Day to score a video camera to better document our little beauty's life. We were in and out under an hour and half (including finding parking in the rain) and managed to get a video camera for a ridiculously good deal and M some new clothes as she never has enough :).

I've found myself getting a bit sad about all the family who couldn't be here for Christmas but realize that no matter how much "I" don't like something I can't be mad at someone for making the decision best for their family like we make for ours. There will be more Christmases, more birthdays and more everythings to celebrate with those who miss these firsts.

No comments: